Plans and reports from the Department of Environment
Data and resources
- Preferred practices for works affecting Yukon waters pdf
Helps developers comply with environmental regulations and avoid or mitigate the negative environmental impacts of development activities.
- Cost of drinking water in Yukon pdf
The first territory-wide assessment of water use and the cost of providing drinking water for Yukon communities. This report was published in collaboration with municipalities and other partners.
- Overarching Yukon source water supply and protection study - Summary report pdf
This report is intended to assist in advancing water protection through fostering knowledge- sharing between different governments and organizations. It includes 60 summaries of drinking water systems throughout Yukon.
- Yukon Water Strategy and Action Planpdf
The strategy is a big-picture plan with six priorities for maintaining the quality, quantity and health of Yukon water for both nature and people. It provides a comprehensive approach for making decisions about water in Yukon and is aimed at what we ultimately want of water, not necessarily specific uses of water.
- Draft Yukon Water Strategy for Public Review
A water strategy will clarify the government’s approach to water management using a framework of goals and priority actions. The deadline for comments is May 31, 2013. Use the feedback form(133 KB) to provide comments.
- Public Review of the Draft Yukon Water Strategy, What We Heard: A Summary of Comments
A summary of what we heard during the public review of the Draft Yukon Water Strategy. It reflects feedback recieved from 126 formal submissions as wellas 145 attendees at public meetings about the draft document.
- Dam Guide: Design Expectations and Required Informationpdf
The Dam Guide, jointly prepared by Environment Yukon, Yukon Government and YESAB describes design expectations and supporting information required for dam or water control structure construction. It is intended to support, not replace, direct discussions between proponents, assessors and regulators. Topics covered include: general information, assessment and licencing process, information requirements, operations and decommissioning.
- Yukon Water: An assessment of climate change vulnerabilities
This report provides a snapshot of current and forecasted water resource issues in Yukon related to climate change.
- Yukon Wide Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Program Community of Whitehorse Wells 2001-2010 Monitoring Data Analysis
Since 2001, four long-term monitoring wells have been established in the community of Whitehorse. This report presents results from these wells in the community of Whitehorse.
- Microplastics in Yukon freshwater: 2021-2022 sampling reportpdf
This study represents Phase 2 of a microplastics pilot sampling program initiated in March 2021 by the Government of Yukon's Water Resources Branch and Core Geoscience Services. It incorporates recommendations from Phase 1 and has for objectives to test and evaluate the proposed sampling methodology and to investigate microplastics concentrations along the Yukon River upstream and downstream of communities.
- Yukon microplastics in freshwater state of science review and sampling program - phase 1pdf
A literature review and description of a pilot monitoring program to sample microplastics in the Yukon's freshwater.
- Water Resources Branch Data Networkspdf
Description of "data networks" operated or co-operated by the Government of Yukon’s Water Resources Branch.
|Dernière modification|| |
|Publication initiale|| |
|Couverture géographique|| |
|Couverture temporelle|| |
Monday, March 30, 2020 - 00:00
|Autorisation d’accès|| |
|How often does this publication need to be updated?|| |
|Publication type|| |
Auditor final reports